These catalog collection on CD-ROM contain images from a wide variety of historic wood canoe and boat manufacturer catalogs. Four volumes are currently available; each is provided with a browser interface compatible with Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer on both PC and Macintosh computers.
The catalog collections will prove valuable to:
- Wood canoe and boat historians: The catalogs contain valuable
information about the history of these companies, information about the canoes, boats, and accessories they offered, and provide a look at changing
tastes and advertising strategies over the years
- Wood canoe and boat restorers: The catalogs aid in the identification
of builder and model of unknown boats. They provide valuable information about materials
and construction methods used, options and accessories, as well as colors and color designs that may have been
- Catalog Collectors: The catalogs on the CDs can be used to identify
catalogs in a collection that are undated, and can help to evaluate
condition and completeness of individual catalogs.
Four volumes are available:
- The Canadian Wood Canoe and Boat Catalog Collection: 73 catalogs from 12 important Canadian canoe and boat builders, including the Chestnut Canoe Company, Peterborough Canoe Company, Walter Dean, and more.
- The Historic Wood Canoe and Boat Catalog Collection: over 200 catalogs from more than 50 manufacturers on a 2-CD set, all for the price of a single catalog! Includes builders such as the Carleton Canoe Company, Kennebec Canoe Company, J.H. Rushton, B.N. Morris, E.H. Gerrish, E.M. White and many, many more.
- The Complete Old Town Canoe Company Catalog Collection: contains every page of every catalog published by the Old Town Canoe Company between 1901 and 1993, with many extras.
- The Thompson Brothers Boat Manufacturing Company Catalog Collection: 60 years of Thompson catalogs published between 1907 and 1970, many years with multiple catalogs. also includes Thompson offshoots including Cruisers, Inc., T&T Boats, Thompson of New York, Thompson Royal Craft and Thompson by Chris-Craft.